Monday, December 9, 2013

Madeleines


I discover that my eldest son loves Madeleine cookies whenever I would buy these beautiful buttery cookies at the Starbucks.  The package comes in 3's and I always end up with one.  The little guy eats them so fast. I decided that I need to learn to bake these so that he can have as many as he likes.

I googled some recipes and this was the recipe that had all the ingredients I had on hand at the time.

Difficulty: Medium

1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup flour, sifted
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 large eggs, room temp
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 375.
Cream your butter, both sugars, vanilla and eggs together.
Add baking powder and salt to flour.
Add 1/3 of flour mixture to wet mixture and fold in well and repeat until gone.


Grease the Madeleine pans with butter well.  Flour each mold and tap out any excess. Spoon batter in to fill only half way.  Bake for 9-11 minutes for the large, 5-7 for the mini ones. Tap out Madeleines and allow to cool complete.

Serve by dusting some powdered sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment