Monday, December 23, 2013

Lemon Loaf



    I came across a lemon loaf recipe on Pinterest from Jenn's Random Scraps blog.  It taste great but it was heavy.  After doing some adjustment to the recipe, it came out light and more to my liking.  I didn't use all the glaze in this picture.  I keep it to the side so I can control my calories.



  • I still can't figure out why my loaf cracks at the top, but it does make a nice glaze catcher.  If you do know why and how to fix it, please message me.


    Difficulty: Easy to Medium


    1 1/2 cups organic flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3 eggs, room temp
    1 cup organic sugar
    3 tbsp organic butter, softened
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 tsp of gourmet lemon extract
    Juice from one large lemon 
    1/2 cup oil
    zest of one lemon

    Glaze:
    1 cup powdered sugar
    2 tbsp whole milk
    1/2 tsp lemon extract



    Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour your loaf pan.  Tap out any excess flour.  Flouring your pan is very important, so don't skip this step (like I did the first time and couldn't get the loaf out.)

    Allow for the butter and eggs to sit on the counter until it reaches room temperature.  If you don't have a micro-planer or a zester, use a peeler to zest the lemon.  Take the outer of the lemon off and run you knife to chop it finely. In a bowl, combine all your dry ingredients and sift it.  In another bowl, combine the butter, eggs, vanilla extract lemon juice, and lemon extract.  When you have creamed it together, add the flour mixture in slowly, Fold the mixture together with the oil.  Add the lemon zest at the end.

    Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean.

    Combine the glaze ingredients and whisk together well until there is no lumps.

    Allow the loaf to cool completely before glazing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment